The Pop Quiz, Monday is a fun little exam that we love to give to savvy business owners. The examination is not a surprise after all since the interviewee already knew about the questions in advance. However, we can always pretend and have fun with the scenario of a young entrepreneur sitting in class nervously biting on their pencil. They are ready to take a pop quiz on a chapter that they were supposed to read the night before. Instead, they played Metroid all night on their SNES (Oops, this was me in high school). The real purpose of the pop quiz is that this is a fun way to introduce business tips from real-world experiences that you can not learn in a classroom. We want to thank our entrepreneur for being a good sport and volunteering their time to answer a few questions to help our community grow from their knowledge.
I want to introduce you to our guest today who will be taking our Pop Quiz Monday.
Can you please tell everyone your name?
Jenni “StyleFairy” Graham
What is your job role?
Chief Style Strategist
Tell us about your company?
JCHIC LifeStyle Brand is a full-service styling brand that empowers you to live the life you deserve in style. We offer a wide range of services, all related to fashion and style. These services include custom apparel, alterations, wardrobe styling, image consulting, personal shopping, home/office/ closet decor and organization, creative direction, and model coaching. We travel worldwide to serve our clients, which include women, men, children, and corporate entities. In our boutique, JCHIC Style Studio, we stock custom and ready-made pieces for the fashion-forward person inside us all! We were founded in 2012, and we strive every day to service the style needs of our current clients, retain them, and gain new clients.
What do you love most about your job?
The thing I love most about my job is helping people identify, enhance, and portray their personal style statement to the world.
What motivates you to get up every day and go to work?
What motivated me to get up every day and go to work is the joy on my clients’ faces. I love seeing the light bulb go off in their head!
How do your co-workers inspire you?
My co-workers inspire me because they are always willing to help. I also see how they have overcome many adversities, yet they come in every day with a smile and ready to serve.
How do you have fun at work (team building, pranks, etc..)?
We have fun at work by thinking of everyone as a team member, not a co-worker. We don’t consider it work. We consider it having fun and getting the work done. There is no BIG I, little you, so we all are on the same level with the goal of making the clients happy.
What are some of the challenges of your job?
Some challenges of the job are:
- Staying on trend with the many changes in the fashion and style industry.
- Making sure they keep the clients engaged in the entire process so that they are more dedicated to the journey.
- Staying on top of the ever-changing social media sites so that we are remaining relevant and servicing the clients in the right way while attaining new clients.
What are some lessons learned from a past project that you can share with us?
Some of the lessons I learned from a past project are below:
- Always take yourself out of the solution you are offering to a client. It’s not your problem you’re solving it’s theirs.
- Always think of the solution you are offering to a client as opposed to what you are selling them. This will make the product or service more apt to be bought by them because everyone needs a solution to their problems.
- Make your job less of a job and more of a service. Always be thinking of how you can serve your clients and team members. It will make for a much better work environment.
What advice would you give to someone who is starting in your industry?
I would tell them to listen first and speak last. A lot of times, experts in the field can do the opposite. But by making the client aware of how important they are, you retain a lot more clients and also gain new ones. It’s important to see where they are coming from, so you know where to take them.
Thank you for taking our pop quiz today. You get an A+ for effort. You can learn more about our interviewee and their business by visiting them on the web: